Friday, June 1, 2012

Seattle to Portland!!



I had, of course, an amazing time in Seattle visiting all my friends...so bittersweet to leave..but let's get on this adventure started...i was able to reconnect with some long lost friends and meet some new ones too!!
:)
I packed up and got geared up, said my goodbyes and set out south on I-5..this of course is the only freeway time i have planned, but there is really no easy way to get to Portland....
I was then on the road for about 10 miles and BOOM....crazy storm....pulled over extra rain gear and safety gear donned...including the hideous neon yellow vest!!
But i felt like i could be seen, visibility was awful...crashes all around including 2 motorcycles down....very scary...
Finally cleared up just in time to meet Rebecca  for lunch in Olympia...at my favorite place there...with the yummy tofu and coffee...so fun...
Now back on the road...heading south ....dry pavement...loving this.. more rain...
Made it!!  Lily, was here and makes me feel so comfortable...had a lovely visit with Sharon and Vicki...
keeping this short and sweet...2 nights here then Hwy 101 bound...good night....

No comments:

Post a Comment