Thursday, June 7, 2012

Northern Sierras! what a ride!!




Another Breathtaking day!  got loaded up and headed out ...the first part of my ride was pretty much hwy 80 until i got onto hwy 50 headed to Placerville where i met my Mum's long time friend for lunch at the Cosminc Cafe...along was her little grandson too...fun visit and great food!
then ride started to get real cool continued on hwy 50 in through the northern Sierras...then on to hwy 89 up over Monitor Pass...hardly any traffic and a gorgeous sunny day!! Up at the top of Monitor Pass a HUGE deer jumped across the road about 20 feet in front of me! it was bigger than my motorcycle!  Luckily i was taking my sweet time and enjoying the ride so it didn't even startle me...it was just amazingly cool!!
Winding curves and steep up and downs...with vistas and smells to make you feel part of our universe!  :)
After that i connected to 395...where at about 7000ft elevation winds through canyons and along the river...
A very different beauty...
Now all cozy and checked in Murphy's Motel in Lee Vining, CA...had a nice fish tacos dinner at Whoa Nellies deli at the entrance to Yosemite...and met a solo lady rider...
I love riding in the mountains...but it sure wipes you out...good nite all!!











No comments:

Post a Comment