Monday, June 11, 2012

Lone Pine to Vegas!









My morning started out very early as I was heeding all of the Death Valley warnings about the heat…and danger of riding…so I left my hotel in Lone Pine at 5:30 am…
It was actually cold…so after I pulled over and put on another layer of clothing. I was on my way…not a soul on the road for at least 45 minutes…just a coyote that ran across the road…the peace and serenity and the perfect road that I love!
After a little while I came to the Death Valley Park entrance…stopped for my lil photo op of course and carried on…the winding and twisties were all the way down to the bottom…passing the occasional car and motorcycles…but other than that I truly felt like the only soul on earth….Me and my Machine!
Down at the first base is the cracked earth that I had been longing to see…turn off the engine and hear…Silence!!  J
Back up some more valleys, climbing up, more twisties…. then down into the next base…which is Stovepipe ….the lowest point…now here is where it got REALLY hot!! 
Flatness and super desert for miles….sand dunes and a very surreal beauty…
Winding back out past the Borax plant and out of the park…
The Beauty of this area is wonderful and absolutely a MUST for all motorcyclists…
After crossing into Nevada…I stopped for brekkie and then talked with a few locals…whom suggested I take Red Rock Canyon into Vegas…which I did…more wonderful beauty up and down through the mountains…the red rock scenic tour was cool…
Then into the Sin City!!  No serenity here…but I booked a room at the Historic Golden Nugget on Fremont St…after a bit of a rest…I wandered out into the Fremont Experience…which it definitely was!!  ANYTHING goes…and all is GOING ON!  Hahaa
But walking around and taking pics, I heard a screaming above me and see people zipling above me!  So I made a b-line for that and after quite a wait, which was totally worth it, I was flying through the air above all the people…the super cool part was that when you were flying above everyone stopped and looked up and cheered!! It was really awesome and probably the “coolest” spot in Vegas…even at night…
A nice trip back to my room and nighty night…
What a great day!  Death Valley is definitely a highlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment