Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ye Olde Route 66 from Winslow to Albuquerque!

After a comfortable night in Winslow...i was heading towards Route 66, thinking i do not need a map it is only "one" road to Albuquerque, which was my next destination for a much needed multi-night rest...
 However even though i was well equipped with a fantastic AAA Historic Route 66 map...it was like a scavenger hunt trying to find it in some places...
i had to hop on I-40 for some and play dodgeball with the big boy (and lady) truckers, which is no fun...but not for much of it...as i zigged and zagged my way across the roads...finding bits and pieces of 66, some intact and some as deserted and left  behind...like it just happened yesterday...very bizarre...
i roamed through much more native land and many curios shops...enjoying most of my 2 lane ride into ABQ...
The day wore on it was getting very hot...but i made it with many stops for hydration and resting!
I was glad to get here and check in for 3 nights to rest up...as my bike is getting very heavy in my weariness....
I do not know where i am headed from here...but have my maps to peruse and till Friday at noon to decide!
Good place Indeed!!










No comments:

Post a Comment